Friday, April 20, 2007

VT Tragedy

My mind has been spinning all week since I got a call from a friend asking me to pray for her brother and his friends who all attend Virginia Tech. She proceeded to share with me the few details known at the time of what was happening. I had not had my television on, so had not yet seen the reports. Her brother, who was supposed to be in class in the Engineering building that morning, had decided to skip class. Praise God he was in the "wrong place at the right time!" and that his friends were all safe as well. This whole thing weighs heavy on all of us and we will never be able to make sense of it all.

I can't seem to put my thoughts into words, but I read a post today, (recommended by a friend - Mike Jones) that summed it up so well. All I can say is, "Amen!" I can only pray that this tragedy brings forth the same passionate response in every believer out there. We don't have time to waste, we can't continue to blindly walk past people everyday that need to know Christ and allow busyness, fear, or anything else to stand in the way of us doing what we have been commissioned by God to do...Give them Jesus!! I pray for the boldness to walk it out!

No comments: