Sunday, April 15, 2007

Thank You Mommy...

My beautiful girl turned 20 months old today (15th). Hard to believe how fast she has grown. She is talking like crazy now. One thing that amazes me about her is that she is constantly following anything I do for her (no matter how insignificant) with, "Thank you Mommy...". I've really been shocked at how appreciative she is of even the smallest effort on my part. I gave her a box of animal cookies in the grocery store the other day to occupy her and keep her-I mean me-sane while we shopped, (I know...your saying "COOKIES?" - Hey, you gotta go with what works sometimes!) My point is that her initial response was, "Thank you Mommy." One that is pretty much expected in the Devine home, but it was the thank you's following every cookie she put in her mouth that really melted my heart. (I would have given her a gallon of ice cream at that point, but don't tell her that!)

So pondering this got me thinking, how many of the seemingly insignificant things in our lives do we take for granted? We just keep on keeping on, without a lot of thought to so much that happens during our day. What if we took the time to really pay attention - to stop and say, "Thank you" for all the little every day blessings God provides. That's a huge part of living a life of worship everyday. Once again...my little girl inspires me! He pours Himself out for us in so many ways...isn't it time we take notice?!

No comments: