Friday, April 13, 2007

39 & Seriously Holding!!

Turned 39 a few weeks ago. I was surprised at how hard it hit. I began asking all those reflective questions about life. What have I been doing these last 39 years? What do I have to show for it? Have I really been used for God's glory? How in the world am I going to have 2.2 more kids before 40? Will my body ever feel 25 again or better yet can it ever LOOK 25 again? Where do I go from here? How much time do I have left? What dreams am I holding on to and will I ever see them come to fruition? Why do I have feel this sense of urgency sitting on my chest? Oh My Gosh...my life could be half over (realizing of course it could also end tomorrow)! The positive I grabbed hold of was that I am part of a family of long lifer's. My Grandparents have all lived to be in their 90's. Only a couple of major medical issues can be found on either side. So, the way I figure it, I have at least 40 more years to go! 40 years should give me plenty of time for any "do overs" I deem necessary! 40 years to see my dreams fulfilled. 40 years to affect the lives of my children! 40 years to make a difference for the Kingdom! AT LEAST 40 years...
Barring any unforeseen events...
Unless of course, my Prince shows up on His great white stallion and takes me away to live happily ever after with Him in Paradise. (Talk about a dream realized!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

39, huh? Well, I haven't seen you for a little while-alot has happened in your life! Congratulations on Ella! But the last time I saw you, you looked about 25, and I'm betting you haven't changed much! Try turning 56, now that is really hard. But, I still ask myself alot of the same questions you do. It's funny how I don't really feel much different inside than I did when I was 16-our spirits were created to live forever with God-it's just our house that gets old. Happy Birthday, Mandy!!