Saturday, September 27, 2008

FIREPROOF

Just got back from seeing Fireproof. I've been looking forward to the movie and was not disappointed.  How great is it that there are people willing to pour their money into a film that has such potential to change lives?  No, it wasn't the film quality of The Dark Knight, but it spoke volumes of depth regarding love, marriage, life with Christ, forgiveness, family, and so much more! 

I am left quite introspective...so many thoughts going through my head tonight...Do I show my husband how much I love him on a daily bases?  or do I take our relationship and commitment to the covenant we made 15 years ago for granted?  Do I champion my husband?  Is he my priority or do I put other things before him?  Do I invest in him?  What changes do I need to make to Fireproof my marriage??  Am I speaking into the lives of those around me?  Am I using my influence in a way that honors my Lord? Am I making an effort to identify the needs of those around me? 

Hmmm...lots to process : )

Thank you Lord for being the center of our family.  Give us wisdom & direction regarding our marriage.  Grow us into a beautiful example of covenant marriage for others.  Please work through us to touch and bring change to the lives of those around us.  Amen!



2 comments:

Renee said...

Haven't got to see it yet but from all the stuff I've heard it must be a great film. Keep processing all you learned

Lily said...

Can't wait to see it!