Sunday, June 17, 2007

We are So Blessed!

It's Father's Day...the day we honor the men in our lives for the love, support, and commitment they pour out on their children. I grew up with an incredible Dad who was always an integral part of my life. He's always been my hero & example - a man of character who walks in integrity and teaches His children to love and respond to the Lord. Of course, as most girls do, I desired to marry a man as much like my Dad as possible. Let me tell you...I believe the Lord placed that desire in me, and 14 years ago this month gave me the desire of my heart. While Keith and my Dad are very different in a lot of ways, they are so much alike in the things that really matter in this life - men who's lives belong to Christ, men of character, true to their word, walking in integrity, living out humility, taking responsibility for their mistakes, standing strong in the face of adversity, and standing firm in the midst of war waged by the enemy.

I am amazed as I watch my husband love and pour into our beautiful little girl. He is an incredible Dad and I know that one day she too will be looking to spend the rest of her life with a man like her father. I am even more amazed as I watch him love, pastor, and disciple the people God has placed his life.

They say, "If you want to know a man...really know who he is...ask His wife." I say, "you live with someone for 14 years and you know...really know who he is." Without question, my husband is a wonderful, loving husband and father, a faithful friend, a man of God, a wonderful teacher, a loving pastor, a great example of what it means to 'walk the walk', a humble servant leader, and a trustworthy partner in Christ!

So Keith, your girls say to you today...be encouraged, know that you are loved beyond measure, know that you are honored today for being all of these things and more. We love you, we stand with you, we lift up your arms, we praise God for you, and we celebrate you! We are so Blessed!!

No comments: